The Swedish E-identification Board
The Swedish E-identification Board promotes and coordinates electronic identification and signature for the public sector e-services.
The Swedish eID system is a success story. Most citizens have an eID and over 1.8 billion transactions in various private and public e-services where made during 2016.
eID in Sweden so far
The Swedish eID system is a success story. Most citizens have an eID and they made over 1.8 billion transactions in various private and public e-services during 2016.
The Swedish eID system is based on the following premises:
- eID's can be issued by the private or the public sector.
- So far, the issuers are mainly banks and a large telecommunication provider.
- eID issuers in Sweden can apply for a Swedish eID trust mark based on assurance levels.
- The public and the private sector purchase authentication licences on behalf of their e-services.
eIDAS electronic identification
The Swedish E-identification Board is responsible for:
- the Swedish eIDAS single point of contact
- the Swedish participation in Cooperation Network
- dialogue concerning Swedish eIDAS interoperability and metadata
- Sweden Connect, which is the Swedish eIDAS node project.
The Swedish Post and Telecom Authority is responsible for supervision according to eIDAS trust services.
E-legitimationsnämnden, 171 94 Solna